I don’t remember what the groundhog predicted in February because the warmer temperatures, budding trees, and chirping birds confirm that spring is here. Our local real estate market has been buzzing non stop with no signs of slowing. Low inventory, low interest rates and high buyer demand continue to raise competition and house prices. We will likely see more homes coming on the market as new home construction catches up, however they will be scooped up as quickly as the for sale sign goes on the lawn.
Whether you’re considering a move or not, here are some great staging tips to refresh your home this month. Buyers will appreciate the extra effort and if you’re not moving you will enjoy the fresh updates.
- Do some spring cleaning. We naturally feel the need to scrub and declutter in the spring. A sparkling home will impress buyers and make it seem more appealing.
- Shape up the yard. First impressions matter. Clear yard debris, pack away the last of the Christmas decor, and dust off the patio furniture.
- Show off the entryway. Pick up a new welcome mat and freshen up the front door.
- Box up the winter wardrobe. Bulky clothes take up a lot of space, de-clutter your closets to showcase all that space and rediscover your spring styles.
- Let the scents in. Scents have a huge impact on our moods and can change the feeling of a space. Infuse your home with flowers, diffusers, or candles and open the windows to bring the outdoors in.
- Bring out the colours. After a long winter it is time to pack away the flannel and fleece - pull out the crisp linens and accent pillows in fun colours and designs.
If you need a referral or connection to help with any of your spring preparations or renovations, please give me a call. As always I want you, my neighbours, to know that I am committed to help you make a memorable move.